Thursday, October 15, 2009

I love us!


My mom, sister and I email each other during the day to keep each other a little saner.  We don’t often have time to keep up with each other via phone or with visits – that being that my crazy sister has a litter of children and I live in the frigid north (Chicago) while they get to bask in warmth close to year round (Oklahoma). 
We started the email chains about a year ago with this rather innocent email about rabbit pooh shaped ice:
10-29-08:
“Mum and Sister –
I am excited about Christmas; however, I am (possibly) more excited about the prospect of eating exciting foods that my anxious taste buds have not danced to in a few years.  I have two requests while I am visiting:
1.       A delicious Sonic sody pop made even more delicious by rabbit pooh shaped ice.
2.       Taco Bueno.  I don’t remember what I ate at Taco Bueno but I have found myself compulsively singing “When you want more say ‘Bueno!’”   If my tongue can’t help but sing this horribly un-catchy tune, then it really must miss something about the food.
Oh, I just thought of a third (and how could I forget)…ROCKET BROTHERS (maybe) COFFEE!  And I don’t want my sister to think that she deserves to squeeze my cup and swoop in to lick off my whipped cream with delicious white syrup on top just because she is in the drivers set – and I want to clarify (and make her aware there will be hair pulling if the aforementioned catastrophe does occur) that right now.
That is all for now…”
Between then and now we have brainstormed elephant tattoos to get together, shared bowel movement frustrations, thong malfunctions (I’m lookin’ at you, Mum) – as well as the troubles of children growing up, frustrations with our jobs – and everything in between.
I want to save a record of the emails still yet to come that'll make us laugh and the ones that'll make us cry.  From time to time (probably during slow periods when we are busy with our lives), I’ll chronicle the emails of the past year that have inspired the love and given hope to the women in my family.
All my love,
LT

1 comment:

PaintinByFaith said...

Oh yes this should be fun! Although it may lead the world to think we are crazy ladies!

Love you Sister!