Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Wisdom of Our Combined Years


I had my first - oh my goodness!  What age am I? - moment this morning.

So about two months ago, my neighbor, Sarah, and I were getting ready to go to dinner for our birthdays (2 days apart).  While we were getting ready, we were watching Spice Girls videos (if you need to be reminded, click here) on her VCR and dancing around in her bedroom.  The best part of it was that Sarah lived in Singapore when she was in junior high - and you had to know all the words to the Spice Girls' songs to be part of the cool crowd.  I knew the words to the songs that had become popular, which were the ones that they showed on the Spice Girls video.

There is a high school behind our apartment so every morning I walk through a herd of high school kids on my way to the train.  This morning there were these two girls who had a boom box (the school is known for being fairly ghetto) and were bumpin' to Wannabe by the Spice Girls (again, if you need to be reminded, click above).  Right as I walk by them, I hear one of the girls exclaim, "HAHAHA!  This stuff [I am editing the profanity out of this reenactment] is sooo old.  I was like 3 when peeps actually listened to this!  HAHAHA!"

Hey SISTER - thanks for making me feel even OLDER!!!!!

You know age doesn't really bother me so much - since I am a '18 year old hottie stuck in a 36 year old body'  - but there are those times that I am like 'wow I am a mother of a 16 year old'

But honestly I wouldn't go back to being 25 for anything!  I love where I am at in my life - even being 3 1/2 years from 40 - wow FORTY! 

Love to all - Momma Nessa

Age doesn't bother me either - it was just the first time one of those moments really happened it was a bit odd.  Although, I do worry about wrinkles so I use anti-aging night crème. 

I love where I'm at in my life too.  I actually had a dream I was still in high school the other night and it made me really thankful that I wasn't. 

Well, I wouldn't go back to either one of your ages, however, I would go back to your looks.  Sis, you are indeed a 18 year old hottie stuck in a 36 year old body!  Les, you are just you........please don't either one of you ever change.  You will know when you get old when you hear the neighbor kid call you an "Old Lady"....  I don't care either.

What is funny though is that it is very unsettling with Jeff to get older!

The grey hair in his beard makes him crazy - then when I tell people I find grey hair on his back also he really hates it!  I remind him often that the older we get the closer we get to that senior citizen discount!

Just remember, those "good old days" were exactly that, good old days. This generation is so different then when we all grew up.
Tilda- I think we all know that you are very HOT for your age. I hope I hold up as well as you have when I get to that age.
 All my love,
LT 

No comments: